Our surf club allows you to enjoy and progress your surfing with friends in Co.Wexford. Affiliated with the ISA, we now have surfers competing around Ireland on behalf of The Surf Shack & Co.Wexford. This is only one part to our club. We had over 50 members in 2015 all aged between 6 -19 who meet up every 2 weeks and surf on curracloe beach. Our club offers you cheaper lessons, better instruction in smaller classes and surf trips throughout the year so you can learn about new safe places to surf.
The idea of the ‘surf club’ is not to teach surfing but to develop it. We concentrate on developing kids in many areas other than just ‘standing on a surfboard’. The club provides its members with an education in the sea. Learning how to understand the water and stay safe in and around it is so important, especially if you are thinking taking on the big stuff one day!
If your looking to improve your surfing and enjoy the water with some new friends then the club is the right move. We surf every two weeks and provide you with all the gear you need. So all you have to do is turn up, surf and drink hot chocolates until you are dragged out of the place by your parents! Our staff also offer professional advice on any equipment needed for surfing & other water sports.
For our €80 membership fee; Surf Shack Club members avail of some great club perks and discounts too!
1. All lessons and club sessions for members are €10. (instead of standard €25 lesson price so can surf more often, even on Summer Camp & Lessons).
2. Surf Shack Club Gear – Wet gear backpack & Club Hat (Hoodies & T-shirts available too)
3. 10% Surf Shop discount.
4. Club surf trips (3 each year) to a new surf spot chosen from around wexford and waterford.
5. Compete in the national competitions around Ireland through our recently established Curracloe Surf Club affiliated to the ISA (Irish Surfing Association) .
The surf club operates from March 20th-October 31st each year but you can sign up at anytime. Just contact us about the club and you can sign in the Surf Shop. We take all details on your first day inside the Shack.
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries or Call 0879154786